Followers

lunes, 20 de diciembre de 2010

Life digressions.

First of all, just a piece of song that's been swarming around me (advertising's fault):

Oh the weather outside is frightful
but the fire is so delightful
and since we've no place to go
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...




I have to say, I'm really into Dean Martin sometimes, but Sinatra's version is also charming. Those beginning-of-the-20th-century artists were wonderful indeed.

Sometimes, I overthink a lot. A couple of days ago, I came to the conclusion that life is like music in random function. You never know what song will be next, so the best thing you can do is dancing anyway, no matter what song you're hearing, because the next one could be even worse. In music, you can always push skip forward and move on, and in life you can move on to the next chapter of your life. Sometimes, we insist on listening to the same song over and over until we get tired of it, as well as we persist in recalling that special moment forever. Not so different, huh?

Anyway, we change throughout the years. We progress, we have different tastes than we did before. We like other types of music. We have more feelings. We evolve. But we still are ourselves. That reminds me of one of my favourite authors, now that I'm going back to South-American writers (actually, for a few hours a day, I'm now living in the Caribbean with El amor en los tiempos del cólera thanks to Gabriel García Márquez). This one is Jorge Bucay. He said...

Yo soy quien soy.




No shit!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario